Class policies & Expectations
Out of respect for instructors and other students, late arrivals are not permitted to participate in class. Our classes are short, and it is unfair to make other people wait or repeat the beginning of class for a late student. If you are late, your class fees will not be refunded. If you know you will be a few minutes late, call the front desk if possible. On occasion, circumstances may allow a class to start a few minutes late for you.
Bisamake wants to ensure that you build your dreams safely. For this reason, we require that safety equipment be worn in certain areas of the shop. Please read the following and dress appropriately for your class:
- Closed toe shoes must be worn at all times, in all areas.
- In areas that involve working with high temperatures, like welding, long-sleeved shirts and long pants are required. Clothing should be made from natural fibers or leather, so it doesn’t melt if it contacts something hot.
- When using most power tools, especially drills, saws, mills and lathes, you must wear short-sleeved shirts, pull back long hair securely and remove any hanging jewelry.
- Check your class listing for mandatory and advisable safety equipment.
- Equipment or clothing listed as mandatory must be worn or used while working with that equipment or taking that class. Bisamake will have loaner items for mandatory safety equipment, with the exception of shoes and other types of clothing. Some of these items will be for sale at our reception area; arrive early if you need to borrow or purchase safety gear.
Leave your phones turned off and be ready to participate. Your time is important. So is everyone else’s. In order to maximize the class experience, you will need to be both physically and mentally present.
Give your phone a break . . . turn it off when you get to class.
REFUNDS & CLASS CANCELLATION
If a participant chooses to cancel their confirmed registration, or cannot or does not attend the workshop, the following refunds will apply:
- The registered participant may invite another person to substitute their place in the workshop (in which they are registered) at any time at no charge;
- If notice is received 7 or less days from the scheduled starting date, no refund will be offered; and
- If notice is received 8 or more days from the scheduled starting date, a 50% refund will be offered.